Position type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000
Experience: 5 - 6 years of experience required
Job Type: Full Time
A well-established and successful practice in Manchester is seeking an experienced Costs Lawyer/Draftsperson to join their team due to expansion. This is an excellent opportunity for a costs lawyer/draftsperson with a minimum of 4 years of costs experience and who is experienced in drafting bills, replies, budgets, and negotiating settlement. Any experience of attending CCMC's would also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be dealing with an interesting and varied caseload with an emphasis on high-value PI, Clinical Negligence, and Commercial Litigation. This is a challenging role that will require the successful candidate to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Drafting bills of costs, replies, and budgets.
- Negotiating settlement of costs.
- Attending CCMC's.
- Conducting legal research.
- Providing advice on costs matters.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- Managing a caseload of costs matters.
- A minimum of 4 years of costs experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of costs law and regulations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- A team player who is willing to work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, great benefits, and career progression opportunities. Fully remote working will also be considered.
To apply, please submit your details via the contact page, or contact Claire Heshon on LinkedIn