Position type: Permanent
Sector: Personal injury
Salary: £40,000 - £70,000
Experience: 2 - 4 years of experience required
Job Type: Full Time
An established and dynamic law firm in South Manchester is seeking a talented and experienced Advocate, either a Barrister or Solicitor-Advocate, to join their advocacy team.
As an Advocate, a significant portion of your role will involve representing claimants at fast track trials throughout England and Wales. You will also be responsible for undertaking representation of the firm's clients at various proceedings, including CMCs (Case Management Conferences), CCMCs, Interim Hearings, IAHs, Stage 3 portal Hearings, and other forms of advocacy in claimant personal injury litigation. Although the majority of your work will focus on fast track cases, there are opportunities for involvement in multi-track litigation.
- Conduct advocacy requirements, including representing clients in court.
- Undertake drafting tasks, such as formal and informal advices, pleadings, and skeleton arguments.
- Stay current with procedural changes, case law, and legislative developments.
- Assist less experienced advocates with their advocacy and drafting work.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality advocacy services.
- Extensive travel across England and Wales.
Skills and Experience
- A current practicing certificate.
- Higher Rights of Audience (if applicable).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
- Demonstrable advocacy experience.
- Resilience and the ability to perform under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strong understanding of confidentiality, tact, and discretion.
- Good IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Case Management Systems.
- Experience in personal injury litigation, however general litigation experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of the Proclaim Case Management System.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Hybrid working
- 23 days of holiday per year, rising to 26 days (with 3 days reserved for the Christmas office closure).
- Active training culture and various groups and events, including Diversity & Inclusion initiatives.
- Additional benefits, including an Employee Assistance Programme, free fruit, and an annual flu jab.
- Active social committee.
If you are an experienced Advocate eager to join a dynamic and forward-thinking firm with a supportive and inclusive culture, we welcome your application. This is an exceptional opportunity to further your career in advocacy within the legal field.